La Crosse County residents with materials generated from their own household may drop off household hazardous materials at no charge except for a few specialty items ($).
Residents outside of La Crosse County are welcome to use our facility but will be charged applicable fees for all items.
For information regarding out-of-county and specialty fees, please refer to our Household User Pricing document.
- Automotive fluids
Bringing used oil or gasoline
- Batteries (rechargeable, lead acid, lithium)
Household battery recycling
- Cell phones and digital cameras
- Cleaning products
- Computers (desktops, laptops, tablets)E-waste
- Computer peripherals (fax machines, hard drives, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, speakers)E-waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs
HHM fluorescent bulbs, fixtures and ballasts for residents
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Medications (non-controlled only
Medication Disposal Options
- Mercury-containing devices (barometers, thermometers, thermostats, etc.)
- Microwaves and small Freon appliances $
- Paints, stains, varnish and solvents
- Pool chemicals
- Propane cylinders
- Sharps and needles
Proper sharps management
- TVs and computer monitors $
- Video devices (cable and satellite receivers, DVD players, gaming consoles, VCRs, etc.)E-waste
= click for additional information
Save Yourself a Trip!
These items can go into your regular curbside trash or recycling:
- Alkaline batteries (trash)
- Dried out paint (trash)
- Empty paint and aerosol cans (recycle)
- Fertilizer without pesticide (trash)
- Ice melt and rock salt (trash)
- Incandescent light bulbs (trash)
As a courtesy to others, residential customers with more than 200 lbs of materials or with large containers (more than 10 gal) are encouraged to schedule an appointment.
For the protection of you and our staff, please review the Safe Transportation practices prior to visiting our facility.
For more information regarding household hazardous materials management practices, refer to the Household Hazardous Waste publication or contact us at [email protected]