× Unsupported Browser: Some features may not work properly in Interent Explorer. Please use one of the supported browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge.

All Paid

Make a Child Support
Payment (Allpaid.com)


CALL CENTER: 1-414-615-2594 

Establish Paternity

If you are not married to the father of your child, the county child support agency can help you legally determine the identity of the child's father. This process is called establishing paternity. Establishing paternity guarantees a child's right to receive financial support, medical support and inheritances.

Obtain a Court Order for Child Support and Medical Insurance

The county child support agency can help you get a child support order by determining who the father is, determining how much support should be paid, locate the missing ("noncustodial") parent, and filing all necessary legal documents to obtain a court order. In Wisconsin, the courts use a percentage of income standard to set child support. The standard is based on the gross income (before taxes and other deductions) of the paying parent. The percentages of income used are:

  • 17 percent for one child
  • 25 percent for two children
  • 29 percent for three children
  • 31 percent for four children
  • 34 percent for five or more children
Enforcement of Existing Court Orders for Child Support

When the court orders child support, the county child support agency can help you to enforce this order. This includes current and past-due child support owed. Enforcement services include:

  • Income Withholding - taking child support directly out of obligated parent's paycheck.
  • Tax Intercept - intercept the obligated parent's federal and state tax refunds
  • Liens - obtain a lien against property owned by the obligated parent
Custody and Placement

Child support is usually paid by parents to help support a child or children of whom they do not have custody. The non-custodial parent may be ordered to pay child support whether or not they have placement or visitation with a child. All custody and placement issues/questions and all questions regarding mediation need to be addressed to the FAMILY COURT COMMISSIONER office. The office is located in the Law Enforcement Center which is located at 333 Vine St, La Crosse, WI (corner of 4th and Vine St). Phone # is 608-785-5600. 

If you are looking to start mediation. You can complete the Mediation Referral Form and submit to the Family Court Commissioner's office.

Interstate Enforcement

Sometimes a parent with a child support obligation in Wisconsin lives in another state. Federal law requires states to cooperate with each other in child support enforcement. The child support agency will provide your case information to the other state and ask them to establish a new order or enforce an existing one. The other state will then provide all support enforcement. Paternity can also be established across state lines.

Other Service Information

Wisconsin Court System - Circuit court forms

Overview of Child Support Services for Parents

Free Legal Services in the La Crosse Area

Workforce Connections

NIVD Customers

One Page Application for NIVD Customers Only

Letter and Payment Coupon NIVD Services

Letter and Payment Coupon Spousal Support Customers

If you currently have a NIV-D case and would like to apply for services, you will find the 1 page application form under the Services tab on our website or by following this link – NIVD Application

If your court order is for spousal support only and there is no order for child support, you will not be able to apply for child support IV-D services.