homecontactratesfloor planscalendarapplicationFAQs




What is the eligibility criteria?

Be 62 years of age or older
Be able to accept risk and sign an agreement; is competent and does not have a guardian or activated POA
Be able to make care decisions or share apt with competent spouse or other with legal responsibility
Be capable of recognizing danger, summoning assistance and expressing need
Be generally alert and oriented to time, place and persons
Be capable of acceptable interaction with others without aggressive or combative behaviors
Require fewer than 28 hours of services per week from Hillview Terrace
Not have medical condition that requires immediate availability of a nurse (24) hours a day
Be able to move about safely with or without assistive devices such as canes, walkers, etc.
Be able to assist in transfer (no two-person transfers or use of a mechanical lift for transfer)
Be able to follow the facilities house rules, policies and procedures
Be able to eat without supervision or assistance
Be continent of bowel and bladder or else be on a successful SELF-managed incontinence program.
Allow the facility to conduct a comprehensive pre-admission assessment, financial and background check; admission may be denied based on the        outcome of these checks
Tenant/family required to maintain responsibility of making medical appointments and for escorting and transportation of tenants to medical        appointments; unless part of service agreement
Provide to the facility: Evidence from a physician that potential resident is free from communicable disease; TB test;

Evidence of financial viability for at least 2 years

What is a Residential Care Apartment Complex?
A Residential Care Apartment Complex (RCAC) is a form of housing with services available to seniors in Wisconsin. Hillview Terrace has many services available, including: assistance with care such as bathing, dressing, grooming and nursing services such as medication reminders and set-up, meals, help with laundry and housekeeping.

The best part about living in a RCAC is that you may move into an apartment while still healthy and independent and continue to live there even if you need some services brought into your home.

How does an Assisted Living RCAC differ from a Nursing home?
Hillview nursing home offers 24-hour a day nursing care. Rooms are either single or share, as are the bathrooms. Other living areas, such as living and dining, are shared common spaces. Hillview Terrace offers separate apartment/units with a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living space. Each apartment locks to ensure tenant's privacy.

What has to happen before entering Hillview Terrace (or starting to receive services)?
Before a tenant may be "admitted" to Hillview Terrace, there are several documents that must be completed by the facility and/or tenant.

If Hilview Terrace Nurse recommends a certain level of service based on the assessment, does the tenant have to agree to receive these services?
No. The tenant is the final decision maker about what services they will receive.

How do tenants pay the monthly rates for Hillview Terrace?
Tenants can pay for the services with their own resources. Other options to cover the cost of RCAC service may include long term care insurance, if available or Family Care services, if eligible.

The Aging and Disability Resource Center staff will discuss Family Care options and eligibility standards with tenants in more detail.

Will I be able to eat lunch at anytime or is it a set time every day?
Answer: We will have breakfast in the mornings that will run for an extended period of time; approximately 8:00-9:15; although one may come down for breakfast before or after those times and still be served. Our lunch will be available anywhere from 11-1:00 and supper from 4:00-6:00.  Again one may come down for lunch or supper before or after those times.  We will have alternatives for you to choose from, if you are not there for the main meal. We want Hillview terrace to be your home, we understand everyone's schedule is different.

Will there be assigned seating in the Dining Room during meal times?
Terrace Dining will not have assigned seating. People can choose to sit in a different spot each day if they would like. We encourage people to mix it up and get the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.

Will there be activities to keep us busy?
We believe the social aspect of your environment is very important to your well-being. We encourage you to be involved and engage with those around them. We will have a schedule of recreation programs, live entertainment, socials and more. There will be opportunities at any given time to keep busy with such as crafts, games, fitness, and much more. You choose how much and how often you want to be involved.

Do I control my own heat and air conditioning?
Yes, Each apartment has it's very own air conditioning unit. You are able to adjust the temperature for your comfort. Also, the best part about it is that the heat and air conditioning is included in your rent.

Do you accept pets?
Currently we are not accepting live-in pets but do welcome our pet friends to visit. We understand the importance of that connection and bond we have with animals. We thank you for your understanding in this difficult decision.

I see you have walk-in showers in every apartment, do you have a bathtub in the facility for tenant use?
Yes, we do have a Whirlpool bath. You may use the whirlpool tub either with staff set-up OR staff assisting you in your bath. This is an ala carte service and additional fees will apply.

I have family from out of town, is there a place we can enjoy a family meal together?
Yes, we do have a private dining room located on the first floor. This room can be reserved at no cost for special occasions and get-togethers. You can order guest trays or bring in food to enjoy with your family.

What does a "SMOKE FREE CAMPUS" mean?
             We do not allow anyone to smoke on our gounds or porperty.  We also do not allow smokeless tobacco or E-cigarettes.  If you smoke, you are able
             to smoke in your own vehicle.  We appreciate all those that follow and understand our committment to a smoke fee campus.
Do you have a place for out of town guests to stay?
Yes, we have two options at our Carroll Heights building. We offer a guest room or a guest suite for $60/night. Contact Jill Monroe 608-785-5500 for availability.

home        contact        rates/services        floor plans/photos        calendar        application       FAQs

  La Crosse County home