homeadmissionsrecreationtherapyemployment and news blognutritionlocationcontactsfaqs


1. Does Medicare automatically pay 100 days for nursing home care?
No, please contact Medicare.gov or call the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) to find out what information must be provided to Medicare to determine coverage. For questions regarding Medicare, Medicare Part D and Senior Care; contact our Elderly Benefit Specialist:

Tina Johnson, Elderly Benefit Specialist

Aging & Disability Resource Center

300 North 4th street

 Phone # 608-785-6140

Fax # 608-793-6688

Email: [email protected]

Once you are covered by Medicare, you will be reviewed twice weekly to ensure you are continuing to meet the eligibility criteria for coverage.

2. Who do I speak to about Medical Assistance coverage?
For information on medical assistance for Hillview please contact the Western Region for Economic Assistance at 1-888-627-0430.

3. Does Hillview have FREE (Wi-Fi) Wireless available?
Hillview does have wireless available for public access on personal devices. Please know that there are areas around the building were the connection is not accessible or Connection may be weak. There is also a computer in the 100 and 600 day rooms for resident use. The public access code is: county1234

4. Can I bring my own TV, cell phone, radio or laptop?
Yes, you may bring your own TV as long as a flat panel does not exceed 32" or 20" if it is an older box TV on the Hillview stand. If you want a larger flat panel, you must provide your own base stable enough to prevent it from being knocked off and maintaining the minimum 36" aisle space. If possible, Flat panels of reasonable size may be wall mounted. Hillview will not assume responsibility of accidents or damage that may occur. Hillview does not provide TV's.

Many residents bring personal cell phones for use as well as radios and laptops. See above for wireless public access code. We ask that after 10:30p.m.; TV's and radios be played softly to avoid disturbing others or use of earphones or lounge TV's suggested. There are portable phones on each hall for resident use. Residents expecting long term stays may contact Century Link and arrange personal phone service.

5. When can I have visitors? What about Pets?
Visitors are welcome at anytime but visiting hours are encouraged between 9:30 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. daily. Our front door is open from 8a.m. – 8p.m. If visiting outside these hours, you will continue to use the front door and ring the doorbell. Children are to be supervised while visiting. Well behaved family pets are welcome on a leash and if you have brought in current vaccination records to keep on file.

6. Is there a place for my family to sleep if they want to spend the night?
Overnight accommodations can be made with our guest room and guest suite located at Carroll Heights for families of tenants residing at Hillview, Hillview Terrace or Carroll Heights. The current cost is $65/night and is similar to a hotel. If you or your loved one is acutely ill and has a roommate, staff will try to accommodate families and move them to a more private setting if available.

7. What clothing should I bring in?
Please bring at least a week worth of loose fitting clothing. We ask that we be allowed to mark clothing items with your name so that clothing items are not misplaced.

8. What is the Hillview smoking policy?
Hillview is a SMOKE FREE campus. Smoking by visitors, residents and employees is permitted only in their vehicles. No smoking on the Hillview Campus grounds.  This includes smokeless tobacco and E-cigarettes. 

9. What time is lunch and supper?
Depending on the hallway lunch is served between 11:40 am – 12:30 pm daily and supper is served between 4:45 pm – 5:45 pm daily.
All food items given to residents should be checked with the nurse on duty before being given. Many of our residents have special diet requirements and certain foods could have adverse affects on them. If bringing in snacks or personal food items, please have them in a tight sealed container to store in for sanitary reasons. Storage of leftovers is 3 days maximum in our refrigerators.

10. Where can I keep my money so I know it is safe?
We offer residents to open an interest bearing account in our business office. This account is similar to a regular bank account. Most residents use this account to withdraw money for events such as the beauty shop, special outings, shopping sprees etc...Please speak with the Business office for further information. Also available is a key for your bedside stand for you to lock up any personal items.

11. Where is the closest place to get my hair done?
Hillview contracts an outside agency for our Beauty shop and Barber services. The Beauty Shop is conveniently located just down the hall from the main dining room.
Appointments can be made by calling 608-519-9372
or 608-789-4800 ext 35251

12. How do I reserve a day room?
Please contact the Recreation Therapy Department for more information on rooms to reserve and availability.

13. Can holiday decorations be brought in for resident rooms?
Yes, please remember the following when bringing in seasonal decorations for a resident's room.
*All decorations are to be flame retardant
*No live wreaths or cut trees are allowed
*No extension cords or devices to alter the number of outlets are allowed
*Electrical cords may NOT cross a walkway
*All electrical decorations should be checked by maintenance before put in service.